What is a matching gift?
A matching gift is a company's payment matching wholly or in part a donation made by company employees. Many companies match 100%, some match 50%, and some match even more.
Matching gifts are a great way to double or even triple your funds raised for the Canary Challenge. In addition to matching your personal donation, your company might also match donations made by your co-workers if they also apply for matching gifts. Be sure to remind your donors to ask their employers if they match gifts.
What are the steps for taking advantage of a matching gifts program?
- Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your company has a matching gift program.
- Check to see if Canary Foundation is on this list. If not, you can request your company to add Canary Foundation as an option – we meet all the non-profit requirements for matching gifts.
- Complete your company’s matching gift application. Follow the steps to initiate your donation and your HR representative will do the rest.
- Mail us your donation. We will confirm it against your personal fundraising goal and "verify" that the donation was received from your matching gift provider. Your company will mail us the "match."
- Get your family and friends to do the same. Nearly all companies have matching gift programs. Nearly all large and mid-size companies have a matching gift program.
Employer Identification Number
If your employer requires an Employer Identification Number (EIN) (i.e. Federal Tax Identification Number), please use 65-1230251
You may mail your completed matching gift form to us at: Canary Foundation, Attn: Canary Challenge, 805 Veterans Blvd, Suite 301, Redwood City, CA 94061