Creating a team
Companies, friends and family, and departments or other groups within the Stanford community, are encouraged to participate, focusing on a common purpose – raising donations that go towards early cancer detection research.
We have four types of teams to choose from:
- Corporate teams – teams established by company employees or company administration, who want to ride for a good cause and are looking to improve teamwork and camaraderie. Many of our Corporate Teams participate in our Team Sponsorship opportunity. Click here for information about our $5,000 Corporate Team Sponsorship.
- Stanford community teams – teams established by Stanford University and Stanford Hospitals, including students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Friends and family teams – mixed teams motivated by riding for a good cause, and/or to honor someone touched by cancer.
- Bike club teams – members of a bike club motivated by riding for a good cause, and/or to honor someone touched by cancer.
What makes a team?
A team consists of a minimum of 4 riders committed to fundraising $400 each and participating in one of the routes within the Canary Challenge: 5K, 50K, 50 mies, 75K and 100 miles.
- Teams can appoint a team captain to help manage fundraising and training.
- Teams are responsible for reaching the same minimum fundraising threshold of $400 per rider, plus registration, to participate in the ride.
Canary has put together a complete package of resources to assist teams in reaching their fundraising and training goals for the Canary Challenge.
- Team support – We work closely with captains, providing fundraising assistance, promotional materials and organizing events that can be used to solicit donations or recruit new members.
- Team site fundraising resources – A dedicated team page that your team can use to communicate with one another. It features fundraising email/letter samples, digital media content, and other tools to help you reach and exceed your fundraising goals.
- Training support – Training programs with the Menlo Bike Club to help your team conquer fitness goals.
Please contact us if you have questions about creating or organizing a new team.